Absentee Voting (Americans)

As the US presidential elections are rapidly approaching, I wanted to post some information for those of you who would like to do your civic duty from abroad.

You have to be an American citizen to vote in the US. Vote From Abroad is an organization that helps you prepare all the documentation that you will need. I registered and requested my ballot through the FVAP website. (See link below)

You have to register.

You have to apply for your absentee ballot.

Some states allow voting online, some require that ballots are mailed in.

Be sure to start this process as soon as possible. It can take several weeks to get all the paper work in order.

Other helpful links:

United States government travel page

The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP)


Let us know what you think!!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s