- L’envie, Sophie Fontanel (French)
- Lots of Candles and Plenty of Cake, Anna Quindlen
- About Love and Other Stories, Anton Chekhov
- Brideshead Revisited, Evelyn Waugh
- Bringing Up Bébé by Pamula Druckerman
- New York – the Novel by Edward Rutherfurd
- Accelerated by Bronwen Hruska – Forthcoming Oct 2012. Click here to read my review.
- The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton. Click here for my thoughts.
- A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Click here to read my review.
Worth the read:
- Snobs by Julian Fellows
- The Long Road to Paris by Ed and Janet Howle. Click here for my review.
- A Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
- Evening by Susan Minot
- Mediterranean Summer by David Shalleck
- Apropos de Dolores by H G Wells
- A Dirty Life Kristin Kimball
There are better things to do:
- L’Assommoir (1877) by Émile Zola
- Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
- The House I Loved by Tatiana de Rosnay. Click here to read my review.
- Decline and Fall by Evelyn Waugh