We are honored and very grateful to have been nominated for the following bloggers awards. I know that these types of awards have no official status, but they show that our fellow bloggers are enjoying what we are trying to do, are reading our posts, and in the end isn’t that the whole point! So, thank you very much for letting us know!
Beautiful Blogger Award
Thank you very much Felicia Lim from Dish by Dish for this lovely award!! It is very much appreciated.
The rules are to tell seven things about myself and nominate seven bloggers. I think, if it’s not cheating, I’d rather skip down to the part where I nominate, so as not to bore you with the same information you might have already read on this page. I’d like to nominate the following bloggers for both the Beautiful Blogger Award and the Reader Appreciation Award. (And since there are two awards, I take the liberty of doubling the number of recipients.)
My nominations include a rang of bloggers: Some are artists, moms, or readers and food lovers like me. Others take gorgeous photos or write with a candor and feeling that touches my soul. I enjoy each of these blogs on a regular basis and I hope they continue! Here’s my way of saying a great big thank you to you all for what you’re doing! (In no particular order):
- Beautiful Simple Meaningful
- Hot Cheap & Easy
- Romancing the Bee
- Discovering New England
- Reflections of a Book Addict
- The French Corner
- Clearskies, bluewater
- Bluebird Sunshine
- Linda Willows
- Dutch goes Italian
- Notes by Scripplerbean
- Chef Lippe
- Gherkins & Tomatoes
- A Number of Things
A great big thank you to My Notebook for this nomination and for her very kind works about the blog!
As for the questions:
- Your favorite colour? green
- Your favorite animal? dogs and horses (i can’t choose between them)
- Your favorite non-alcoholic drink? mint tea
- Facebook or Twitter? twitter, but only for this blog. not a social network kind of gal.
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? giving. my friends and family here call it a very american trait, but i think it’s more from my family. i LOVE to surprise people, search around for something i know they’ll really like.
- Your favorite number? 3
- Your favorite day of the week? wednesday
- Your favorite flower? roses and peonies
- What is your passion? reading and writing, all things french
A giant thank you to Please Pass the Recipe and Denise from from “curiosita” to.. and My Notebook for this award! The first is a mother-daughter cooking blog that I love to read. Like me, they don’t have any formal training in the culinary world, but they love ingredients and experimenting and learning. My kind of people! Denise runs two blogs about the wonders of art, culture and the pursuit of happiness. I enjoy everything she posts! I am grateful to them for thinking of me. Thank you so very kindly!!
I’d like to pass this award a few other bloggers that I read on a weekly basis and enjoy thoroughly:
The rules of the award are:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2. Write a blog post and tell nominate blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ’Blog of the Year 2012 Award’ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
5. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
One Lovely Blog Award
A great big thank you goes out to easyondeyes for this award. Much appreciated, indeed!!
For the rules: 7 things you might not know about us and 15 bloggers we’d like to nominate.
- Born in the deep American South, way south of the Mason-Dixon Line.
- Have lived in France for six years now.
- Last vacation was to the Greek islands.
- Love to cook (maybe that one is evident).
- Love to read (also probably cheating with that one).
- Am a fan of 80′s music.
- Really want a puppy.
15 blogger I’d like to nominate:
- Travel Culture Food
- Style and Lipstick
- The Urban Gourmand
- Marina Chetner
- d witt opinions
- Life in the Foothills
- Mark 39dotcom
- Denise Kathleen
- Red Hibiscus
- The Beverly Hill Babies
- The Long Road to Paris
- Tabkhet el yom
- A Little Lunch
- La droite silencieuse s’exprime
Illuminating Blogger Award
A giant thank you goes out to The Wanderlust Gene for this award. Their blog is a wonderful compilation of personal thought, philosophy, social analysis coupled with, in their own words as I could not dream of saying it as eloquently myself: “stories of the adventurous and pioneering women whose genes I’ve inherited; of travel adventures when the world was safer than it is today; of moments of epiphany, and utter despair; of beautiful things created by human hands, of awesome nature, and living things like elephants, and trees, and flowers; of farms and farmers, fishermen and maybe the lady-in-waiting who “lost” her Queen.”
As for the rules, name one random quality about yourself and nominate five others for the award. Okay.
One random tidbit: I was born in the backseat of my parent’s station wagon on the way to the hospital. Maybe that explains why I’ve never been one to remain in the same place for too long… :)
Five fabulously illuminating others I’d like to nominate:
- Cooking in Sens, an absolutely gorgeous blog about cooking and food. Makes me hungry every time I stop by!
- Micheline Walker’s Blog, a wonderfully interesting exploration of French Canadian history and culture.
- the lazy travellers, a hip travel blog stocked with valuable tidbits and insider tips on practically everywhere you might want to visit!
- Robin Coyle, the blog of fellow writer Robin Coyle based in California who also happens to be a Francophile, loves to cook, and who has a dog named William Wallace – what more need I say!
- Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde, the terrifically fun, intelligent and insightful blog of Lindsay Russell who is anything but a misguided blonde!
ABC Blogger Award
First of all, thank you to corey m. p. for this nomination! Corey’s blog is a self-pronounced writer’s blog. After years of working in the corporate art world, she decided to reshape her career and life toward her love of writing. Her blog reflects her ambition and passion. A great read for all writers.
As per the rules, I am to name one detail about myself corresponding to each letter in the alphabet. Here’s it goes (it’s more difficult than it seems!): (So far…):
- Avid equestrian
- Book lover
- Canadian and American
- Dog lover
- Examiner of life
- Francophile/Francophone (well almost)
- Genuinely interested
- Hard headed
- Lawyer by trade
- Not patient enough
- Parisian (in training)
- Red headed
7×7 Link Award
Many thanks to TakingSnaps for passing this nomination on to us!
As for the rules - 7 links to posts that I have written according to the following 7 categories:
- MOST HELPFUL
- MOST POPULAR
- MOST BEAUTIFUL
- MOST CONTROVERSIAL
- MOST SURPRISINGLY SUCCESSFUL
- MOST UNDER RATED
- MOST PRIDE WORTHY
And now, 7 very worthy bloggers!
- clearskies, bluewater
- Word by Word
- mobius faith imaging
- Mandy by Mandy
- T Hollis
- One Inch Apart
- 351 in 365
The Sunshine Award
Many thanks to Brush, Needle & Whisk for this nomination! It’s always a wonderful pat on the back to know people enjoy what we’re doing! Brush, Needle & Whisk is an inspiring blog about life’s little moments and how creativity - through food and craft and art - can rekindle our inner most passion for life.
As part of the rules for this award, I am to answer the following 10 questions and nominate 10 bloggers who inspire me. Here it goes:
The Ten Questions:
- Favorite Color – green
- Favorite Animal – dogs (tied with horses)
- Favorite Number – 3
- Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink – Diet Coke (I know, I know…)
- Prefer Facebook or Twitter – Neither
- My Passion – Writing, Reading, France, History (can’t choose)
- Prefer Getting or Giving Presents – Giving, receiving makes nervous
- Favorite Pattern – Paisley on one side Stripes on the other
- Favorite Day of the Week – Wednesday (big fan of Saturdays too)
- Favorite Flower – Rose
Ten bloggers I’d like to nominate (in no particular order):
- Lindsey Russell, author of Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde, a smorgasbord of timely topics cleverly presented through the eye of an insightful and intelligent social commentator.
- BinNotes, a wonderful blog which “chronicles one writer’s unabashed appreciation for the art of wine, with occasional forays into food and travel.”
- Crumpet Kitchen, is a wonderful read. Begun as a blog of a Brunch Club in Switzerland, their self-description gives a taste of the blogs enticement: “The Crumpet Kitchen is a hot cup of tea and a buttery slice of spicy teabread on a stormy day. It’s a warm bowl of home-made soup and a slice of fresh bread when it’s snowy outside. It’s a smile of contentment. It’s a crumpet.”
- French Girl in Seattle is a blog I’m particularly partial to as the author presents life from the point of view of a Frenchwomen living in the States, the reverse of my own situation. Her commentary is as sincere and insightful as it is humorous and thought-provoking.
- Emily in the Looking Glass is a fabulous blog by a lady who spends a good part of her time in France. Between her home in Kentucky and her trips to la Gaule, she explores her passion for “the relationship between French and American cultures” through the lens of an astute and intelligent Francophile.
- Sixtine and the Little Things is a new mommy blog I recently came across written by a Frenchwoman living in Canada. Her candor about life as an expat (in the reverse sense of my own) is insightful and provides a lovely view of what life is as mom and wife in an expat world.
- A little lunch is a marvelous blog written by a fellow writer whose enjoyment of the little things life has to offer is a weekly inspiration. In her own words: “Many of you have full plates and I don’t want to overload you with a five course meal. Instead, I’m offering a few morsels to savor on your journey – some good-natured humor, food for the soul (including recipes), photos of scenic Oklahoma, and wisdom (or at least another perspective) from my unpredictable life.”
- Have Bag Will Travel is a great travel blog that I look forward to reading on a perpetual basis. The author, Andrew Petcher, is currently exploring the hidden and not-so-hidden treasures of Greece.
- Mobius Faith is a sensational photograph blog which I have been following for some time now. The author not only shows his images, but discusses the context when he took them and “why I was fascinated enough by the source to press the shutter release in the first place.”
- I Heart Mondegreens is a fellow expat, travel blog whose author lives and devours Spain. The author’s insights into the culture and traditions of her new home are spiced with her indelible love of food and travel.
Special thanks to Mike10613 for the nomination! Your comments through the months and your encouragement have been warmly felt and much appreciated!
Ten things readers may not know about us:
- Becoming Madame, the name of the blog, was contrived from the film Becoming Jane in 2009.
- We’re based in Paris, France, but spend a great deal of time in Pau (southwest) and Dordogne.
- Learned to speak French at 28 years old.
- Am not particularly good at math.
- Love to read.
- Still want that puppy which I didn’t get for Christmas this year.
- Have immediate family in the American South and Ontario, Canada.
- My baby sister is looking at universities! It feels like yesterday that I was teaching her how to walk.
- My first solo book is to be published in 2012.
- I love living in France.
Six bloggers I admire and would like to nominate:
- Lightbox3d is a beautiful photographic blog. His pictures and the feeling they inspire enliven me!
- Julia, Julia & I is a cooking blog run by Nancy Brown. Her heart spills out all over the pages of her blog and in her delicious recipes.
- Dave’s Delish Dish is a fellow Parisian blog. Dave is a student at the Cordon Bleu and his insights into Parisian life from a culinary point of view are intriguing.
- An Unedcuated Palate is a wonderful food blog by an aspiring foody who is also at the Cordon Bleu. I admire her gumption. She takes life by the reins and sees her dreams come true!
- Have Bag, Will Travel is a fascinating travel blog by Andrew Petcher. Following him around his exciting and eventful life is an exhilarating pleasure.
Apparently there are a few rules to follow:
1. To Bliss Travel News our nominator: Thank you so very much, indeed! Bliss is a travel blog specializing in travel coordination to France and offers invaluable information for your next trip to le pays français. They also offer a wedding package, so if you’ve ever imagined yourself wed in an ancient French château, on a vineyard in Bordeaux they’ve got you covered. Bliss is definitely worth a peek for all those planning to come our way!
To Lindsay Field for the Liebster Award. Thank you very much for thinking of us!
- When I moved to France, I knew only three words of the language.
- I’ve lived in Tuscaloosa, Alabama; Palm Beach, Florida; Toronto, Canada; Kingston, Ontario; Boston, Mass; New York, NY; Washington DC; Hanover, Vermont; Paris, France.
- Am married to a Frenchman.
- Want a Golden Retriever puppy real bad (possibly for Christmas! hint, hint.)
- Love to cook, but didn’t realize it until I moved to France.
- Was a lawyer in a past life. Now I’m a writer.
- Love books and art and the feeling I get when I walk into the Opéra Garnier.